[Linux-HA] route problem

Tam tam at blog-city.com
Wed Jul 6 13:38:05 MDT 2005

We have two FC3_64 boxes with heartbeat installed and it all works
swimmingly... great application... with one small exception. If the
machine is rebooted then its necessary to add a route to the gateway
back in after heartbeat has aliased the IP onto eth0.

How can i make this permanant and why is the default gateway in
/etc/sysconfig/network ignored? Its as if because the IP isnt allocated
to the interface at boot until heartbeat does it the initial gateway
directive in the network file has no effect.

Each boot I need to run

route add default gw <ip address withheld>

How can I add this permanently or have heartbeat do it at failover time?

Many thanks for any light that can be shed on this.

Tam