[Linux-HA] HA failover script

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Wed Jul 6 04:14:56 MDT 2005

Hi all,

just a quick question for my understanding. During a failover, Heartbeat
executes its failover script, which,  at my site, stops NFS, NFS lockd
and umounts the filesystems.
Unfortunally I get 'filesystem busy' when it tries to umount the fs.

I googled a bit and found a discussion about sending a SIGKILL signal to
the kernel lockd thread for releasing the locks, but I am stopping the
lockd before I try to umount the filesystem.

Now, I got the impression the failover script is executing the commands
but is not waiting for the result of it. Which means NFS is still in
progress of stopping while Heartbeat tries to umount the filesystem.
This would explain the 'device busy' message for me, because NFS is not
yet stopped  fully at that time.

Do I am right ? Other ideas ?

Thnx in advance,

Alex
Alexander Spanke			 System Analyst
       NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11		   D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:	+49 211 5369 146   	   aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:	+49 211 5369 199    	http://www.hpce.nec.com