[Linux-HA] After testing a desaster, DRBD devices cant connect to each other

Anquijix Schiptara anquijix at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:02:27 MDT 2005

Hi there

Few days ago i tested a failure case. A short blackout of the master (with
breaking heartbeat connections for deadtime seconds). After deadtime
seconds, i plugged the connections in and looked, what happens.
At first, both server are active, they recognize that and handle it
"ping-pong" like (2 changes of master), until the initial position was
reached again (master=master, slave=slave).
But now i have the problem, that the DRBD-Devices arent connected anymore.
On master i have the state Primary/Unknown, and on slave Secondary/Unknown.

In man drbdsetup/drbdadm i couldnt find any suitable options to reconnect to
the mirror. So I have to stop heartbeat, that i can restart DRBD. The
consequence is, that i have a short breakdown of the hole cluster, until i
restarted the services. And i think, that shouldnt be so in a HA
environment.

Any ideas?

If you wish, I reproduce this failure case to show you the logs.