Is HA for me?...2 nic?s+2 def.gw = 1 problem...

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Tue Mar 19 02:51:38 MST 2002

On 2002-03-19T10:37:16,
   Tommy Augustsson <tommy.augustsson at dotcom.se> said:

> I have been looking on policy routing to see if this can fix my
> problem...but no..
>
> Poeple from all over the world should be able to connect to both ip?s ( both
> nic?s).

With policy routing, you can specify that the packets which you send out with
the IP bound to eth0 go out via eth0, and eth1 via eth1. That would solve your
problem, wouldn't it?

However, I am not sure why you would want to do that; what is wrong with
bounding both interfaces to one? You can bind both ip addresses to this teql
interface, which would give you a 200mbit/s aggregrate bandwidth.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl