heartbeat + ldirectord (for LVS)

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Sat Mar 16 00:44:35 MST 2002

On 2002-03-15T16:43:46,
   Peter Mueller <pmueller at sidestep.com> said:

> spiffy! I want heartbeat to be able to recover manually if something untold
> happens, your indicates that heartbeat will act properly?  For example, if
> heartbeat process dies for some reason, the failover machine will acquire
> all addresses?

Well, yes, that is exactly the idea ;-)

In fact, heartbeat treats "heartbeat processes died on a node" in exactly the
same fashion as a node failure.

I hope that, as soon as Ram starts with the transactional membership and we
get group services, we'll be able to rewrite the currently rather limited
resource manager of heartbeat.

Apparently, the assumed simplicity of heartbeat appeals to people ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl