unable to find correct adapter

Geoff Nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Thu Apr 6 01:00:36 MDT 2000

Hello again.  I am sorry for bombarding everyone with
all these questions.

I searched the list, and thought I had found the anwser, but
it doesn't work.

I get this error message when the heartbeat tries to start
on a multi-homed system.  The real ip address of the system
is, and I am trying to use as the
shared IP address between the nodes.

The routing table is setup correctly:

[root at moon ha.d]# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Iface UH    eth0 UH    eth1   U     eth1   U     eth0       U     lo         UG    eth0

I tried adding the, on the advice from
Alan from a previous post to the list.  If I only use
I get the same message.

This is the error message I get:

heartbeat: 1996/04/05_22:48:38 Starting /etc/ha.d/resource.d/IPaddr start
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device