New heartbeat stuff on CVS :)

Luis Claudio R. Goncalves lclaudio at conectiva.com.br
Wed Apr 5 14:30:53 MDT 2000

Hi!

   I'm proud on announcing that the new generation of nice_failback is
working fine (I've been testing it for three days) and as you can
easily turn it or or of (ha.cf) I've already put it on CVS. I'd like
to receive some feedback.
   This stuff is the way (the easy way, I hope :) to add the
sit_and_cry (tm) stuff or any mutation. Alan asked me to discuss the
sit_and_cry on the list so I'll soon put some ideas to start the war
;)
   Other idea I'd like to share is: we are discussing some ideas that
are good for two node cluster but may not work on N-node cluster. There
are also some ideas that are very good for N-node and are veeeeeeeeeery
bad for two-node clusters. So we better clarify/explain about what
we're talking before doing that.

					Hugs!

							Luis

[ Luis Claudio R. Goncalves                  lclaudio at conectiva.com.br ]
[ BSc in Computer Science -- MSc coming soon -- Gospel User -- Linuxer ]
[ Fault Tolerance - Real-Time - Distributed Systems - IECLB - IS 40:31 ]
[ LateNite Programmer --  Jesus Is The Solid Rock On Which I Stand  -- ]