is LVS piranha??

Alan Robertson alanr at suse.com
Wed Apr 5 01:03:47 MDT 2000

Horms wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:06:18PM -0700, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> > Maybe this is an obvious question?
> >
> > Is Redhat's Pirahna actually the LVS project with
> > a pretty configuration tool.  If not could someone
> > outline the differences.
> >
> > LVS is located here:
> >
> > http://proxy.iinchina.net/~wensong/ippfvs/
>
> Piranah also included tools to make LVS highly available
> by alowing failover of LVS servers and monitoring of
> back-end servers.
>
> --
> Horms

Another similar software package is VA Linux's ultramonkey project which
they demoed at LinuxWorld Expo in New York in February.  It uses the
"heartbeat" program for failover, so I find I'm a little partial to it
:-)

You can read about it here:
	http://ultramonkey.sourceforge.net/

Could someone send me a URL for the Pirahna project so I can put it up
on the linux-ha web site?

	Thanks!

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at suse.com