is LVS piranha??

Alan Robertson alanr at
Wed Apr 5 01:03:47 MDT 2000

Horms wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 10:06:18PM -0700, Geoff Nordli wrote:
> > Maybe this is an obvious question?
> >
> > Is Redhat's Pirahna actually the LVS project with
> > a pretty configuration tool.  If not could someone
> > outline the differences.
> >
> > LVS is located here:
> >

> Piranah also included tools to make LVS highly available
> by alowing failover of LVS servers and monitoring of
> back-end servers.
> --
> Horms

Another similar software package is VA Linux's ultramonkey project which
they demoed at LinuxWorld Expo in New York in February.  It uses the
"heartbeat" program for failover, so I find I'm a little partial to it

You can read about it here:

Could someone send me a URL for the Pirahna project so I can put it up
on the linux-ha web site?

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at