another cool NIC

George Bonser george at captech.com
Wed Nov 10 01:28:34 MST 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

> BTW.. SSL hardware I have no problems with since that is just time
> consuming process.. It's the bonding tricks I dislike.

It is compatable with Sun channel trunking so it would be fine with
EtherChannel. Besides, the trunking method does not matter, they all
operate on the same principles .... two NICs at the same hardware address.
How they load balance the packets does not matter. The only thing that
matters is that the driver understands that it is dealing with two or
more NICs as a bonded interface. It is not required that it speak any
protocol to the other end, though in some cases (EtherChannel) it might
prove helpful in discovering a downed interface faster.