peo at hds.com
Thu Oct 22 01:27:18 MDT 1998
What about TANGO, the notion of something that it takes two to do?
- Also applies to redundancy, you can not do a tango on your own.
- Two penguins doing a tango? Anyone able to draw that? Anyone out there who
knows how to tango?
- Also HA will make you tango forever, or at least til the power plant breaks,
and the UPS, and diesel engine dies at the same time, or (shadder) there is a bug
in the HA itself...
- Add to this the fact that if you loudly prenounce "HA!" as one word, not two
it will give the appropriate sound directed to Mr murphy; -HA! it survived ;-)
- Mind you, this will create a whole new dance-form, imagine making SAMBA
So my suggestion for the logo goes somewhere between Tango and survival...
Jonathan C Day wrote:
> Alan Robertson wrote:
> > Also, check out the Linux-Cluster logo ideas at the Project Beowulf home
> > page at: http://www.beowulf.org/
> > Those convey the idea of a cluster. We need a cluster that (with one of
> > it's members missing) carries on, and forges ahead. Busy penguins would be
> > nice (but more work).
> How about taking one of the cluster logos & showing it taped together
> after a break? I'm not sure it conveys the idea you describe, but simply
> showing a version with a corner torn off might give more of the impression
> that HA breaks the system.
> Jonathan Day
More information about the Linux-HA