Any tools for switch over, changing IP addresses, etc?

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com

I notice that this list is not a high volume list.

I have a site where we have two identical machines (dual 200MHz
dual-processor Pentium Pro's), and we would like to switch the machines
around quickly in the event of a failure on the primary machine.

Are there any tools to help with this?  We need to move IP addresses
around, and it seems like Linux 2.0.35 does not do gratuitous ARP when an
interface is ifconfig'd.

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, NIC-Handle:RJS96
NS Computer Software and Services P/L,
Ph: +61-8-8281-0063, FAX: +61-8-8250-2080,
Samba, Linux, Apache, Digital UNIX, AIX, Netscape, Stronghold, C, ...